Volunteers and staff partner to connect older adults with the information and resources they need. Each volunteer brings unique experiences to MAAA. No matter where your talents and interests lie, we have an opportunity for you.
MAAA volunteers educate and empower
Janet, an MAAA volunteer, recently helped Bill’s family navigate his Medicare enrollment. Bill’s daughter called the Senior LinkAge® Line when she found his affairs in disarray and realized that he had signs of dementia.
“Through our conversation, we discovered that Bill may be eligible for Veteran’s benefits, and therefore may not have to pay a penalty for late enrollment in a Medicare D plan,” said Janet. “Bill’s daughter felt empowered after our conversation and better able to assist her dad in maximizing his Medicare benefits.”
As a volunteer, you will develop new skills, expand your social network and enjoy such benefits as:
- Flexible hours
- Training and ongoing staff support
- Mileage reimbursement
- Liability insurance
Download the following position descriptions.
- Outreach Event Volunteer (pdf)
- Volunteer Health Insurance Counselor (pdf)
- Volunteer Medicare Phone Bank Counselor (pdf)
- Volunteer Medicare Presenter (pdf)
- Volunteer Office Assistant (pdf)
- Volunteer Outreach Assistant (pdf)
- Volunteer Senior Surf Day Instructor (pdf)
To apply, complete the following items and email to volunteer at Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, 2365 N McKnight Road, North St. Paul, MN 55109.
- Volunteer Application (doc)
- Volunteer Background Check Authorization (doc)
- Confidentiality and Non-Conflict of Interest (doc)
To learn more, call our volunteer coordinator 651.917.4638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.